School Closings and Delays
Are you a new Twitter User?
The Sheboygan Area School District now has Twitter! Twitter allows families with cell phones to receive text messages when school has been cancelled, will have a delay start, and/or has early release. A Twitter account is FREE.
To receive text message updates on your cell phone:
- Send a text with the word: START
- Send to: 40404
- New Twitter User: You will receive a text message on your cell phone that reads, “Welcome to Twitter! Reply w/ SIGNUP to begin.” You will need to reply by texting the word: SIGNUP.
- You will next receive a text message that reads: “Great! You just need a user name. Reply w/ the username you want to use.” (max 15 characters, no spaces).
- Now with your account setup you may begin following the Sheboygan Area School District’s account by texting: follow ShebAreaSchools to: 40404.
- You will receive a second message that reads, “You’ll receive a message every time ShebAreaSchools updates.”
Are you already on Twitter?
Make sure your Twitter account is set up with your cell phone number.
(If not, send Start to 40404. You will recieve a text message and you will need to reply with your username.)
- Text: follow ShebAreaSchools to: 40404
- You will receive a message that reads, “You’ll receive a message every time ShebAreaSchools updates.”
The next time Sheboygan Area Schools has an early release, late start, or a cancelled day of school, you’ll be one of the first to know!
1. Text the word OFF to: 40404
Standard text message rates may apply. Check with your cell phone carrier.
Back to Closing and Delays Policies